beautiful things GET INTO SHAPE CHALLENGE

From Mahsuri to UKM..Bicycles r my life...Meet my old flame...Mr. Hunter.

Monday, January 07, 2008

My update-2008

On the 20th of November, i managed to shed my fat till i was 72.1kg.... I had stopped my walk and any form of exercise and had eaten like a pig ever snce then....baba..my dad in law got sick....my heart wasnt in any form to exercise...and later the hospitalization period....his death.......i wasnt able to exercise... my heart wasnt in it...



As a family, we are much better now... we r still very sad...but life needs living... and last week i started my weight challenge again...



i walked twice last week.... i couldnt do more coz my feet was hurting far too much...i realised that my sport shoes .... r no longer suitable for my walking... halil bought me that many years ago... i realised that i needed a new proper walking shoes... and so..last friday...despite the heavy falling snow....(sebenarnya sengaja jalan bawah snow coz i love the feeling of snow falling onto me hehehehe)


i went to kadıköy to buy myself a proper walking shoes with a proper support... i was guessing that shops in kadıköy would have wonderful discounts at this time of the year..esp now it is winter and they will try to finish their last year's stocks... i was right...


i went to Çetikaya and got myself a Nike running shoes for price of 75YTL (1 US dollar is 1.5YTL).....a discount of 10 YTL...that is a good discount..though i really really feel guilty deep inside for wasting money like this... i mean...i can use that money for something else...esp for the kids... yup... u r looking at a very guilty feeling mom right here...but i simply love my new shoes
Went walking today... it was raining...drizzling more like it... but many walkers like me kept on walking...walked my usual one hour and a half walk...and yup! my feet didnt hurt!! i am sooo glad for that!! nowadays walking wont be so much torture anymore...!!

But walking in winter has its chalenges... for one...i walk... the weather is cold... i cant wear too thick clothing despite the cold since i will sweat while walking. Thus, i go walking with just a sweater n a thin spring jacket. Before reaching the park (20 mns from my home)... i usually freeze...sejukkkkkkkkk.... i will reach the park trembling....only after 10 minutes walking, i will catch my normal walking momentum and start warming up...

How can i walk for one hour n a half without getting bored? itz simple really..the park is beautiful...n on top of that...the moment i enter the park area, i usually take off my glasses and turn on the mp3.... walk...walk.... i find myself going on a moderate mode at the beginning..only toards the last half an hour of the walk do i turn into a faster mode... (tak nak la pengsan kalau sejam setengah terus buat fast mode kan?)... i adjusted my modes according to my own body strength... i dont try to follow other people's modes since some can really walk at the speed of a jet! hahaha .....but i do find myself following the mode of this one elderly guy (i suppose he is elderly coz his hair is totally white ...at least from behind)...if i manage to catch him walking..i usually follow his walking mode coz his is just perfect for me... other regulars r either too slow or too fast...

My stats right now?? after a longggg break..i was expecting myself to have my old weight again... but i think Allah has been kind to me somehow... i have only managed to increase my weight a few kilos... i am now officially...73.9kg!!
,
It is from this weight... 73.9kg... i officially declare to myself that my weight challenge is back on! i need ur support n motivation... i will insyaAllah go back to malaysia middle of June... i need to lose weight till i am 60kg by then..that is my aim...wish me luck!

Food!

6 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you in your challenge! And never feel guilty for the shoes. Those were definitely needed for long ago. I think kids would not prefer to have a crippled mom due to bad shoes. Take care,
F.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger jewelhenna said...

you can do it simah! just keep going! i'm also starting a new workout routine so lets lost weight and get healthier together, shall we?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger simah said...

F
**
thanks 4 the comfort...true... a mom who can walk properly without limping is a better mom to bully hehehe :0)

jewelhenna
********

go do it girl!! letz get healthy!:)

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Simah, dulu kan ... dulu-dulu duluuuuu lah, masa my student days, if I wanted to exercise by walking or running during cold weather (very rarely, actually) I would do it at the indoor track in the university's Recreation Center. Tak sejuklah, but the scenery wasn't nice lah, unless you count looking at hunky sporty guys :P

The sgoes are a good investment so there's no need to feel guilty about them. Bukannya you pergi beli another pair of heels or party shoes, kan?

Good luck ... yes, you can do it!!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger simah said...

Queen of the House
****************


ooooooooo ada orang tu masa muda muda dulu mat kuat melilau yek?? ..hunky guys ? bestnyaaa!!

i kat sini..scenery dia cunnn..tapi orang semu retired guys n housewifes or non wrking girls!! hahaha terpaksa la tengok pokok!!

i need all the luck!! i am deviating!! thanks akak!! muahhhhh

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow what a great placement is here i am really very impressed with your post can you more share here i will back soon as soon possible.
Thanks for sharing....


" Michael muskat,"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home